Sacraments of Initiation — Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist
Director of Faith Formation: Maria Oswald email@example.com (702) 871-1904 x288
One is fully initiated into our Roman Catholic Faith when all three sacraments have been received.
Jesus said: “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” We first enter the Roman Catholic Community through the sacrament of Baptism.
Baptism – Quick Guidelines
- Are you registered in the Parish?
- If not, you do need to worship with us at weekend liturgy for at least 4 weeks.
- To register, click here to fill out and submit the online church registration form.
- Click on or scan the QR Code below to access the Baptism information packet.
- Both Godparents must be Roman Catholic and Confirmed.
- When the Baptism packet is complete and turned in, your Baptism can be scheduled.
- A $100 suggested donation is due upon scheduling the date and time of the Baptism.
- Adults: Please see RCIA listing for applicable information.
CTK BAPTISM REGISTRATION INFORMATION PACKET
Access the packet available in either English or Spanish using the download links or scan the corresponding QR CODES below using your mobile device for direct access. (Click the code for an enlarged image.)
First Holy Communion
At the Passover meal Jesus took the bread and said: “Take this and eat, this is my body.” He then took the cup and said: “Take this and drink, this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.”
What are the requirements to receive First Holy Communion?
- Provide copy of baptism certificate.
- Must be baptized Roman Catholic.
- This is a consecutive 2 year program that begins in 1st grade.
- Parental involvement is required as this is the primary responsibility of the parents. (Canon. 914)
- Student must be in second grade or above.
- Family must be registered and actively participating in our faith community, this includes regular attendance at our weekend Liturgy.
How do adults prepare to receive this sacrament?
- see RCIA.
“Be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit.” “Peace be with you.”
What are the requirements to receive Confirmation?
- Family must be registered and actively participating in our faith community, this includes regular attendance at our Sunday Liturgy.
- Provide a copy of baptism and First Holy Communion (if applicable)
- Students must be baptized Roman Catholic.
- Students must be in 9th grade or turned 15 years old.
- This is a consecutive 2 year program.
- Parents involvement is required as this is the primary responsibility of the parents. (Canon 914)
- Student must attend scheduled sessions to fulfill requirements.
Questions? Call Robyn Runco for more assistance at (702) 871-1904 x230.